SHORT FICTION

Friday, 17 February 2012

Well, I have done it! I have put up my first piece of flash fiction. I hope you enjoy.

                                         The Old Apple Tree

I would have never have seen you but your winter's breath took me by surprise.
The Winter's frost hid you from view at first. Then behind the old apple tree I saw you.
I heard and read many stories about you and  your kind.
When I first caught sight of you it made you stop and look at me with those large doe like eyes that made you think you were seeing things.
We both stared shyly.
Then with a blink of an eye you were gone and  thoughts of you were left to the imagination.
I followed your tracks today and against what I was told-I spoke out loud.
Against a fast beating heart I listened.
Something told me that you were there.
I stood in silence. I should of known.
The next time I came by there was two fallen old apples from last fall in my path.
I wasn't sure how to translate this gift but it did make me smile.
Maybe that was what you wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment