SHORT FICTION

Friday, 9 March 2012

PRETTY THINGS

Hi everyone. This time I've posted a drawing that I did maybe a couple of years ago, I'm not sure. I was looking through my sketch book when I came across it and thought maybe I saw a story. I do love fairies and would like to draw more of them. I hope you enjoy.

                                    Pretty Things

I was walking in my garden when I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye. There was some sort of activity going on in amongst the daisies.
I kept quiet and slowly tip toed my way over. What ever it was, was small and there were two of them.
They were too busy with each other to notice me.
The colourful wings made my eyes go wide-purple mixed in with yellow accented with dark brown spots that looked like eyes glimmered in the morning sun.
 What I could make out the little faerie was collecting daisy petals and the butterfly bird wanted to perch on the daisies. I don't know why they disagreed as there were plenty of daisies to share, perhaps there was more to this.
As I watched I felt like I was eavesdropping. The butterfly bird seemed he wanted the attention of the little faerie. I could feel magic between them. She tried to shew it away but the little butterfly bird hovered near her with it's beautiful azure blue and green wings like it was lovestruck.
Then it dawned on me-maybe this was her love but something happened.
Maybe she changed him into a butterfly bird.
I slowly backed up and hoped that the next time I saw them that she had changed him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment