SHORT FICTION

Thursday, 29 November 2012

THE THREE TREES




                                                          The Three Trees

My sister said they were special trees and that they were close companions.
Trees have no feelings I told her so how can they be friends.
She scowled at me then just sighed. "You know nothing" she said.
Now I was scowling at her. "I do so know something and I know trees do not have feelings."
She just shrugged and walked towards the trees. She stopped about five feet from them and spoke to them like they were human.
I marched up beside her and demanded to know what she was doing.
"Talking to the three trees, of course".
"Why? They can't hear you" I said.
Now she was annoyed. "Say something to them" she said.
I rolled my eyes at her and then looked at the three trees. I opened my mouth but no words came out. I didn't know what to say to them. What to you say to trees?
It was winter and they looked cold so the only thing I could think of was-"Our you cold"?
My sister looked at me. "What kind of question is that"?
I don't really know what kind of question that was but the three trees gave me the impression they were cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment