SHORT FICTION

Thursday, 25 July 2013

DIAMONDS -DANEROUS TRUTHS-Part 33

Rhys sat at the edge of the bed, She felt a lot better now. They had given her some teas that settled all that dizziness.
Her life had taken on a whole new direction. She was thrown into her family that she had walked away from along time ago. And to add to the mix Jaden was back into her life with full force.
Now she was pregnant--with twins! She looked down at her stomach to her feet. Where did she go wrong? One minute she was a ruthless hunter and the next she was getting married off and thrown into a life of whatever Simon had planned.
She took a deep breath and as she was about to lift herself off the bed a gentle knock came to the door. She looked at the door. Rhys knew it wasn't Jaden; he would have just walked right in.
"Come in?"
The door opened slowly and Josh poked his head in. He smiled shyly at her. It reminded her of what he was like when she first met him. This wasn't at all the person that was back at her house conducting a search for her.
"Hey are you doing?"
She patted a spot beside her on the bed. "Come sit with me for a while."
Josh quickly shut the door behind himself as if he didn't want anyone to know that he was there.
"I was worried about you. I'm glad to see you are up now. You feel okay?"
Rhys could tell by the look in his eyes that he was genuinely concerned and that touched her. "Yes, Josh I'm fine. Those teas really helped."
Josh nodded happy to hear it. "I guess now that you're feeling better we will be leaving to go to New Orleans soon."
Rhys nodded. "Yes, Jaden told me that we could leave tomorrow if all the arrangements are finalized."
Josh looked down at his hands and rubbed then together. "I'll be glad when we are back at New Orleans."
"Is that where all your friends are?"
"Yeah, and I like the city, better than here."
Rhys looked at him. "What do you mean, did something happen?"
He looked away not wanting to meet Rhys eyes. "Nothing important."
"I think it was important. Want to tell me about it?"
He looked over at her a bit sceptical.
"What? You don't think I'm a good listener?"
He smirked. "I don't know. When I see you get mad I don't see much patience there for listening."
Rhys put her hand on her hips and was about to blast him when she stopped. "Okay you got a point but there is another side to me, believe it or not. I can stand still long enough to listen. Try me and you'll see."
"Well, I had someone special in my life."
Rhys eyes went wide. She had never seen him bring home anyone. Of course with Simon maybe she understood why.
"I didn't know you had someone special in your life."
"Not anymore."
"If this it too difficult to talk about that is fine...
"No it's just that I had asked her to come with me and she said no. It really took me back. I would follow her anywhere and I thought she would do the same thing for me. I was so wrong."
Rhys swallowed hard. "Yeah I know what that is like. Life has a way of throwing things at you."
"Oh I didn't mean to make you think about Kellan. But things did work out for the better didn't it?"
Rhys didn't know how to respond to that. Rhys was about to open her mouth when the door burst open. Garrett came in like an angry bear.
He looked at Josh. "I was looking for you all over. Bonding with your big sister is over. You'll be able to spend as much time with her as you like in New Orleans. Right now you have work to do."
Josh got up and sighed. Garrett narrowed his gaze at him. "Don't give me attitude. I'm not in the mood."
Josh quickly left.
"What the hell is wrong with you?"
Garrett sucked in air. "Today has not been a good day alright? You just stay here and for god sake don't decide go on any little adventures."
Rhys got up and was ready to stomp over to him and tell him off and maybe even throw him through a window. When she stood and started towards him she lost her balance.
Garrett swooped in and caught her. "Well I guess we don't have to worry about you taking off. You wouldn't get out of this room."
Rhys cursed under her breath. "What is going on?"
Garrett looked down at her. "We've had an attack. We don't know how this happened. Someone knows that you are carrying twin diamond were cats."
"What are you saying?"
"I'm saying little sister that you are in great danger. There are those out there in the hybrid world and the were cat world that see this as something they would not like to celebrate. Instead they would like to eradicate this as they see it as a problem."
"How are I and the twins a problem?"
Garrett gritted his teeth. "You don't get it do you? I thought you were a hunter and would understand the situation. You are carrying two pure blooded diamond were cats. That's a lot of power. That scares some of them. So much so that they will try and kill you."
Rhys stared at him. "This attack today, they were after me then?"
Garrett nodded. "Yes but we fought them off before they could get inside this house."
"They were that close?"
"I'm afraid so. It appears little sister we have a traitor among us."

No comments:

Post a Comment