SHORT FICTION

Thursday, 12 June 2014

FLASH FICTION- MEET ME UNDER THE APPLE TREE

Hi everyone and today I have some spring time pics. The apple crabs and apple trees are out so they inspired todays piece.  I hope you enjoy. Have a great weekend!
Here is the piece I was supposed to post last week. I'm not sure what happened but I thought I pushed published. Blogger sometimes messes with me. Hope you enjoy.


 
 
 

 
 
 
Meet Me Under The Apple Tree
 
 
 
The sweet smell of their perfume made me think of you and a picnic. I could imagine you and I sitting on a blanket under the apple tree-you and I all alone.
So, I decided to write you out a personal invitation.
If you so decide, I invite you to a very special picnic under the old apple tree. I'll make you small cucumber sandwiches , the way you like them. I'll also put egg salad on the side.
With the sandwiches I'll make your favorite homemade sweet ice tea.
To satisfy your sweet tooth, I have homemade angel food cake with fresh strawberries and crème fresh.
I hope this will entice you to join me under the apple tree.
This invitation has been very carefully placed inside a homemade envelope lovingly addressed to you and only you. I leave it here in your mailbox.
I await your reply.
Your true love-me, I hope.
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment