SHORT FICTION

Thursday, 18 December 2014

CAT FLASH FICTION-THE THREE WISE CATS

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is keeping well as we are getting close to Xmas. I'm not sure if I will get one more in before Xmas or not. We'll see, if not I will be back after the new year. In case I don't make it back, I wish all those who have stopped by here to read all my crazy flash fiction and strange short stories a Merry Xmas and the best of health and happiness in 2015.




The Three Wise Cats
 
It was rare of them to gather but it was that time of year.
They were on watch out. For what we really don't know.
One evening, just before dusk something caught their attention.
There didn't appear to be anything there but they remained still and kept watch.
There was a sudden flutter outside and when I looked there were three small gifts.
Very tiny boxes wrapped in red, gold and brown sat outside with a velvet bow on top of each one.
You would miss them if you didn't look hard enough.
This pleased the three of them and they got down from the window sill and under the tree sat the three little gifts.
It was some kind of magic that transformed them inside.
No one could touch them but the three cats.
With a blink they were gone and the three cats were off hiding.
We only guessed that they were enjoying their small gifts.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment