SHORT FICTION

Thursday, 23 April 2015

FLASH FICTION-COOKIE DREAMS

Hello everyone. I hope you are all well and happy. Today I have a flash fiction piece. Hope you enjoy. Have a great weekend!




Cookie Dreams
 
 
 
 
She brought them over and placed them on the table.
I looked up at her, not pleased.
Tess sighed, as if she knew I would react like this.
"Trust me," she said with a grin on her face. It was the grin I knew all too well. It was the-don't believe me one.
I shook my head. "You need to take those away before Clara gets here. You know what she will do when she sees those."
Tess crossed her arms. "I'm not taking them away, just because of her."
I rolled my eyes. I had forgot that they had a disagreement last week. "Okay," I said. "I will take them away."
Tess snatched them up before I could get near them. I looked at her in annoyance. "What are you doing? You can't have those cookies here. They are not like other cookies and you know it."
 She hung onto the plate of cookies so tight that I thought the plate would break. I tilted my head at her. I noticed her eyes were a bit funny looking. "How many did you eat Tess?"
Her eyes instantly cast down. "I don't know. Maybe one...or two."
"Tess, really? Put the plate down before you drop them."
Her hands were shaking a bit but she sat them down. "I couldn't help it. They were so pretty and when he gave them to me, he said they would give me wonderful dreams."
I sighed. "You should know better when he gives you cookies. The faerie magic is in everything that he offers you."
Clara came into the room and spied the cookies. Her face turned red. She didn't look pleased at all. "Did he give you those?"
"He gave them to Tess and she shouldn't have taken them, okay? So, calm down. We'll get rid of them."
Clara gasped. "You can't do that. Something bad will happen. Don't you know anything?"
I folded my arms tightly, getting madder by the minute. "So, faerie girl, what are we supposed to do with them then?"
"Give them away. One of those humans will take them. They will think they are pretty and he will go chase them instead and leave us alone."
This would be a cruel thing to do. I had a few human friends. They weren't that bad. They didn't know what I was of course but I still didn't feel comfortable with this.
I picked up the colorful cookies. They looked so good and my mouth started to water. Clara and Tess were right there. We all looked at each other. "Lock the door and spell it."
Tess ran over to the door, locked it and whispered a few words.
We sat down on the floor and sat the cookies in the middle. Clara had brought over some milk. We were set.
The plate of cookies soon disappeared.
Just as the last colorful cookie crumb was gone,  he was there.
"Ah, my lovelies, three for my delight to play with. I will have such fun."
I sighed. "I will never eat another cookie." I drifted into his play land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment