SHORT FICTION

Thursday, 7 January 2016

Brand new year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! This is my fifth year I believe. Wow, time goes. So, I think it is time to change things a bit. I'm still going to post my stories every Thursday but I'm going to try and do one short story and one flash fiction pieces every week. That's two stories! Plus I have something else in mind but I will share that later. The short stories will also go up for sale and when the new short story gets posted, the old one will come down. But it will be available to buy where all ebooks are sold. I won't be starting this challenge till next week so stay tuned.
So, in taking on this challenge, I am putting a "tip jar" at the end of my posts, starting today with this post. No one is obligated to give but I will put it there. I hope some of you will occasionally throw me some tea money. Thank you!
Now, to get started. My first flash fiction peice for the new year is Black Door Secrets. I hope you enjoy.
 
 
 
Black Door Secrets
 
 
It was well known that the house down the street was different. Stories came from there as to what went on behind the closed black door.
But they were stories and no one knew for sure if any of them were true.
One day I went for a walk that took me past the house. The door opened and startled me. I shouldn't have stopped but the person coming out noticed me and smiled. I stood there stared as if he was an alien or something.
I felt my face flush with embarrassment. I cleared my throat, offered a small smile nodding trying to my move my legs forward.
But he was in front of me before I moved forward. How did he do that? I shook my head.
"I don't believe we've met. My name is Gabriel." He held out his hand.
My eyes cast down to his perfectly manicured nails.  I quickly shook his hand and felt this warmth tingle through me.
Gabriel looked down at me and grinned and I realized that I had not said my name. I flushed again. "My name is Lara." My name felt like dust in my mouth after I said it. Not sure why.
He smiled again at me. Gabriel was very handsome with his dark hair and sharp features. His eyes were soft grey. The one thing that stood out and sent chills down my spine for some reason was this small white streak he had on the left side of his hair.
"May I walk with you for a while?"
"Sure", I said. That came out a bit squeaky. But after a bit I started to relax with this stranger. We continued to walk and then I suddenly remembered where I was going to when I started out. The bus stop was back there. I went to say something but I couldn't. The words wouldn't come out.
I found myself in a back yard garden. It was a formal garden. And I was sure it was behind the house with the black door. Apart of me shook.
Gabriel offered me a chair to sit down at. All I could think of was that I was glad I was not inside the house.
I still had no voice.
Gabriel sat down at the table opposite me. My heart was starting to claw away at my chest trying to escape. He was so relaxed. His smile was so beautiful that you couldn't help but stare at him.
"There is no need to be afraid Lara. I will not hurt you. As you might have heard in stories, I am not like the rest of you." He grinned as if maybe a past memory came to him. "Anyway Lara, we will just talk and then you will be on your way."
I felt my head nodding.
I'm not sure how much time passed but when I came back into conscience thought, there was an empty tea cup on the table in front of me. I blinked and saw Gabriel offer me his hand. I took it and he led me out the garden and out to the front.
The black door caught my eye and I felt like I had been behind the black door with someone but I couldn't think of his name.
The sound of the air breaks from the bus brought me back to the present. I got on and sat down trying to remember but I couldn't.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment