SHORT FICTION

Thursday, 4 February 2016

FLASH FICTION-BUTTERFLY LOVE



Hi everyone. Today's flash fiction is more whimsy and since I love butterflies, I couldn't resist. Hope you enjoy. Also the latest installment of my cat story is below this. Happy reading and have a great weekend!
 
 
 
 
 
 








Butterfly Love




It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining down on a summer meadow. They didn’t see each other but fluttered around the dandelions and small daisies.
 One would say they were so busy that when they landed opposite each other, they thought they were looking into a mirror.
“It can’t be,” the one said.
“You look like me. I thought I was the only one.”
“Well, I guess not. Where did you come from?”
“I came from the far meadow where the yellow daisies are mostly.”
“That far away? I have never been there.”
“I could take you there. There is lots of nectar there and other butterflies.”
“Hmm, I’m not sure I want to see other butterflies. I just want to admire you.”
“Really? Can I admire you back?”
“Sure, since we look almost identical, it’s like staring at ourselves.”
“I see differences in us. I think you are not very adventurous which is okay.”
“Yeah, I like it here. We should stay together and maybe one day I will get brave and go see other meadows.”
“Alright, let’s do that. Can we start now? I know a meadow that is right over there that is full of yellow daisies.”
Both butterflies went over to the meadow. They fluttered around and played amongst the yellow flowers.
The one that was shy suddenly forgot and followed the other butterfly to the far meadow. He got scared a lonely for his home.
The other butterfly understood and took him back. They were very caring of each other.
The adventurous butterfly went out and then came back and told the other butterfly stories.
He liked the stories and hoped that one day he would go with him again and have his own stories.
But one not right now.

Tip Jar:

paypal.me/VeraSoroka

No comments:

Post a Comment