SHORT FICTION

Thursday, 4 August 2016

FLASH FICTION - FORGET ME NOT

Hope everyone is having a great summer. Today's flash fiction is about friendship. Hope you enjoy!
And if you would like to throw me some tea money, tip jar is at the bottom. Thank you!









We met on a summer day and we became instant friends. It was like we were meant to be soul mates. You told me stuff that I knew you told no one else and I never told anyone else. You gave me your trust and I honored it. I told you stuff as well.
As time went on though, things changed. You talked about some problems you were having and you never confided in me what they were.
I never pushed you to tell me even though a part of me was hurt that you didn’t trust me enough to tell me.
The day you left to go figure stuff out was the day that I knew I lost you.
That hurt but I didn’t let it show when you came to say good bye.
I could see hurt in your eyes and it pained me and I couldn’t take it any longer and asked you what was wrong.
You broke down and told me what was wrong. Money problems had forced you to move to a bigger city to get better work to pay it all off.
I nodded and understood and knew what you had to do. Then I pulled you close and whispered three little words in your ear-forget me not.
You smiled back. “Never, would I forget you.”
One whole year passed. We kept in touch for the most part and then everything went kind of silent and I wondered.
Out of the blue you show up and present me with some pretty blue flowers. I knew what they were and almost laughed.
You handed them over to me and said –"forget me not."
I replied-"Never."

Tip Jar:

paypal.me/VeraSoroka

No comments:

Post a Comment