SHORT FICTION

Thursday, 1 September 2016

A WISHFUL DREAM-flash fiction


Hello Everyone! Happy September! Today's flash fiction is a whimsical cat piece. Hope you enjoy!
And as always if you would like to leave me some tea money or the cats some party mix money, there is the tip jar at the end. Thank you!  
 
 
 
 
 




A wishful dream

Flash fiction

Last night I had a strange dream. Blue eyes lured me close. I followed and followed but never caught up.

I opened my mouth to say wait up but no words came out. I kept going.

Finally when I got there, she was sitting on an old log with wild flowers around her. She was licking her paws as if putting in time while waiting.

I stood there and stared for a moment and then cautiously went forward and got closer to her. When I got up two feet from her she looked up at me.

I stopped in my tracks and froze. Her blue eyes held me still while she eyed me up. I wondered what she was thinking about me.

I couldn’t tell her anything about me, like I loved cats and thought she was special with her blue eyes. Maybe she already knew what I wanted to say.

Her blue eyes looked away and she finished up her paw cleaning. I waited for her next move.

Not aware that I was holding my breath, she jumped off the old log and went down a path.

I let out my breath and moved down the path following her. I wondered where she was taking me.

We came to an open meadow and that is where she stopped. I was suddenly filled with wonder.

She looked back at me and I could feel something from her. I think she was trying to tell me something. Oh how I wish I could hear her thoughts but I heard nothing.

I couldn’t get near her and I couldn’t say anything. I suddenly wanted to wake up. I looked at her and she let out this little mew that sounded far away.

The next thing I know the world around me goes blurry and in my ear I can hear the meow loud and clear.

My eyes fly open and I sit up and I hear the meow again. I rushed to the window and looked out.

There on the neighbours fence was an orange tabby. He looked up at me.

I sighed. He meowed at me and then jumped down.

It was then that I knew what she wanted me to know. I rushed out to the mailbox and there was the letter I had been waiting for.

It was from someone special and I had been worried about them but they were just fine.

Tip Jar:

paypal.me/VeraSoroka

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment