SHORT FICTION

Thursday, 22 September 2016

POEM-YOUR NAME IS AUTUMN

Happy Autumn day! In celebrating the first day of Autumn I have a poem for you about a little autumn fairy. Hope you enjoy.
 
 
 
 
Your Name Is Autumn
 

Poem

You made my head turn.

Your scent was the sweetest ever.

I kept inhaling you-I couldn’t get enough of you.

 

I kept walking and looking in the direction of the wind that carried your presence.

My mind was filled with you.

I think you wanted that-I wanted that.

 

I walked and thoughts crept through me.

They were sad.

You were never going to show yourself despite the little noises and glimpses I caught in the corner of my eye.

 

A sweet breeze blows against the back of my neck.

I know it’s you-your scent wraps me up of thoughts of yellows, reds, and rusty browns.

I think that is the color of your eyes.

You tease me with your sweet scented breeze once more.

 

I hear a faint whisper in my ear.

I believe you are trying to tell me your name.

I know your name darling.

 

One day I will say your name into the wind.

Of course I know you will not appear-you’re too coy.

Still, I hope that one day…


Tip Jar:

paypal.me/VeraSoroka

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment