SHORT FICTION

Thursday, 8 September 2016

THE OWL KING-FLASH FICTION


Hello! Today's flash fiction is about this special fellow. I love owls. I hope you enjoy!
Happy reading! 
 
 


The Owl King

Flash fiction

He was wise for a reason. He guarded his kingdom with a fierceness that no other challenged.

There were a few that tried but they never succeeded.

There was something about the owl king that was special. Some figured he possessed a magic.

One day the owl king had a visitor. She was from the far north. She was part bird and part fey.

The owl king eyed her with a careful gaze.

Her bird eyes were the color of moss that clung to the trees of the forest. Her long claws clung to the rock that they sat on.

“We should rule together my friend. It would be glorious do you not think?” Her large green eyes shimmered as  she waited for a response.

The owl king gave her no response. She didn’t waver.

She smiled showing sharp teeth. She looked up at the trees for a moment and then returned her gaze to the owl king.

“I can give you magic that you don’t have my king. Would you like that?"

The owl king never wavered. A little chuckle came from within her. “I can play games too. Would you like to fly with me?”

The owl king sighed. “I do not wish to fly with you my dear.  I sense that you are seeking something for your own gain. Is that not right?”

She looked away but only for a mere second. Then her moss green eyes went wide like saucers. “You will not deny me for what I have come for. It’s been a long journey.”

“Oh I know and I’m sure you are tired and hungry. Let me feed you and let you rest.”

Her eyes narrowed. “You would do that for me?”

“Of course I would. You are a part of my kingdom.”

Her feathers ruffled slightly. “I am not a part of your kingdom."

The king rose into the air and flapped his wings. The breeze from his wings almost knocked her over. She snarled and as she was about to strike back she froze and started to transform.

The owl king now roosts on a tree that overlooks the north.

It’s his favorite tree.

Tip Jar:

paypal.me/VeraSoroka

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment